Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 6th

WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE?

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

The Bible constantly talks about life and death. In the beginning God breathed life into the nostrils of man and he became a living being. But he also warned Adam that disobedience to God would result in death to himself, which is what happened when Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit.

Moving forward to the New Testament we know that Jesus, who is called the second Adam, died for the world so that we could have life. And Paul teaches Christians in Galatia and elsewhere, that to fully experience the life of God we also have to experience death to ourselves...ouch! Our society talks a lot about self and the empowerment of "I" or "me" in our lives is a characteristic of our culture. But Jesus taught that we Christians are to take up our cross (die to ourselves) and follow Him and that this is the path that leads to true life. This is so counter culture to our modern world. He said:

"Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 10:39)

Let's lose our life for Jesus and discover His love, purpose and power as The Son of God arises in our hearts! John the Baptist said it like this, "I must decrease but He must increase."

Have a great weekend and we are so looking forward to Dr Bob!!

Andrew & Shara

No comments:

Post a Comment